We are a small learning community where adolescents thrive. Explorer West combines academic rigor with a special emphasis on the character growth of each student by fostering confidence and discovery.
- A collaborative learning environment with small class sizes
- NWAIS-accredited school that meets the highest standards for independent schools
- Faculty and staff passionate about middle school education
- Outdoor education and leadership skill development
- Over 23 years of high school preparatory success
- Diverse community with students from 43 different schools
Explorer West is a safe, intellectual environment that rewards effort and expression during a time when kids are developing their own personalities and methods of communication.
Explorer West Parent
Redefining the middle school experience through:
- Small learning community designed to help adolescents thrive - Fostering confidence and discovery in adolescence through academics; extra-curricular athletics; peer/mentor-based advisory groups and outdoor education program, and more.
- Academic achievement and preparation for future learning - Rigorous academics in an individualized and supportive environment so that students can attend and prosper at the high schools of their choice.
- Sustainability and community participation - Focus on civic responsibility and community involvement through the award-winning sustainability curriculum, environmental stewardship efforts, and hands-on community volunteerism.