Explorer West Middle School is located in a neighborhood bordering on West Seattle, White Center and Burien.
The Explorer West Board of Directors, faculty, and staff make strategic investments in the facility to ensure that the entire campus is designed to support the academic and social needs of the students, while also reflecting the school’s focus on sustainability.
Students and visitors are welcomed to the school’s main entrance with a forest-inspired green space that includes paths, seating areas and small vignettes of regional plants.
Our school has:
- Eight comfortably sized classrooms
- Individual lockers for each student
- Music room and additional practice space
- Drama room with lighting, costume, and prop library
- Gym is used for PE classes and other group gatherings throughout the year
- Library for individual and group use
- Four portables behind the school are used as outdoor education gear libraries and storage areas.
- Outside play court with basketball nets and two playfields where students can relax, play, or connect with friends
- Access to open space surrounding the main building that teachers use as an extension of their classrooms
- Two parking lots supervised at drop-off and pick up