Current schedules for Fall 2020 can be found here.
We are excited to share our plans for the opening of school this Fall. After much deliberation and planning by our faculty and staff, and with input from our families, we are excited to open with our Remote Plus Outdoor Learning Plan. With this plan, we are able to offer four days of remote learning per week, plus one on-campus day of outdoor instruction. Students that are unable to attend in-person classes will have an alternative.
- Each grade level spends one day a week on campus together, entirely outdoors (except for bathroom breaks).
- 6th grade on campus Tuesdays
- 7th grade on campus Wednesdays
- 8th grade on campus Thursdays
- During their weekly on-campus Outdoor Learning days, students will have in-person half-section instruction (group sizes of 7 to 9) in Science, Drama, PE, and Outdoor Ed, including some local outings. They will also have breaks to safely socialize outside, time for reading and other quiet activities, and opportunities to gather and reflect. Outdoor canopy tents will provide shade and some overhead weather protection, but students are expected to dress for any weather conditions (and remember, we have a Gear Library full of rain pants and jackets to supplement).
- Materials that students may need at home for their other classes will be picked up these days.
- Students who are not able to participate in our weekly on-campus days will either be “live-streamed” into classes or provided with alternate activities and opportunities to connect with the teachers about their work, depending on circumstances. Families will also be able to pick up distributed materials.
- The other four days are spent at home in our structured Remote Learning program, with a mix of synchronous and asynchronous classes, taught in full or half sections. Some additional details of our Remote Learning program are:
- 8:30 AM-3:30 PM schedule
- 5 class periods a day
- Each class is scheduled two or three times a week, in a combination of full- or half-section synchronous classes on Zoom, and one asynchronous session, with assignments and instructional materials (videos, texts, etc.) posted on Google Classroom. (Full section sizes are between 15 and 19 students; Half section sizes are between 7 and 9 students)
- Built-in opportunities for students to connect with teachers and one another in formal and informal ways.
- Weekly all-school assemblies via Zoom.
- On-Campus Work Space: We will be providing a limited number of spots on campus each day (maximum 18) for students to participate in our Remote Learning program in a supervised space at school. This program is designed to support families and students for whom childcare is most essential, or who have significant barriers to learning at home, and there is no fee. Information about how to apply for a spot will be shared in August.
- After Care: A limited number of aftercare spots will be available for a fee for students who are participating in our On-Campus Workspace program, and for all students, on the days they are on campus.
For more information about the plan and alternative models, please review our re-opening plan.
- 6th Grade, September 1-2, 2020 from 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- 7th Grade, September 3-4, 2020 from 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- 8th Grade, September 8-9, 2020 from 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Health and Safety Updates
Our health and safety protocols have been updated for the return to campus in Fall. The health and safety of our community is our highest priority. Our ability to meet in-person is entirely dependent on every member of the community doing their part to
follow the guidelines provided by our state and local public health officials to reduce the spread of COVID-19.