Ready to apply?
Our application process allows your family and the school to ensure our program is a good fit for your student. In addition to the application forms and questions, families visit Explorer West to experience a morning in our community.
Start your application by “Exploring” our school on Ravenna and creating a profile for your student. From there, you can sign up for an Open House and view application steps. If you are ready to schedule a Family Visit, choose the “Apply” option on Ravenna to start the application process and complete a Family Application. Visits can be scheduled through Ravenna following the submission of your application. A quick-start guide to Ravenna can be found here.
- Attend one of our Fall Open House events. (Optional)
- Start a profile and complete your application through Ravenna, our online application system. We have provided a quick-start guide for setting up a profile in Ravenna: Ravenna_Overview.
- Schedule a family visit through Ravenna. Please call or email our Admission Director with any questions or scheduling issues.
- Apply for financial aid. (Optional) More information about financial aid can be found here.
The following steps are required for consideration for admission:
- Family Application and Application Fee- $60. Please contact the Director of Admission for an application waiver fee.
- Family Visit
- Parent/Guardian Input Form
- Two evaluations from core academic subject teachers (current and recent teachers preferred)
- 3 Years of School Records, including current and two previous years’ transcripts/report cards, attendance records, and standardized testing, if available
Explorer West does not require an entrance exam, including the ISEE or SSAT, for admission. We prefer to get to know your student through our Family Visit. During their visit, applicants complete a short math assessment and writing sample. Our goal is to understand students’ mastery of grade-level skills. We want to create a low-pressure environment for this assessment. If your student is taking the ISEE or the SSAT for admission to other schools, we encourage you to share those results with us, but it is not a requirement.