The Explorer West Summer Arts Improvisation Camp - Theatre, Circus, Fine Arts, Dancing & Singing
WHAT: The Theme of the Camp is IMPROVISATION and interconnected art! A two-week performing and fine arts camp
- Designed for any incoming 6th grade to outgoing 8th grade middle school students
- Tell your friends about the camp – any student (not just Explorer West) can join the camp
WHERE: Explorer West Middle School
- Britt Williams – Dance: Britt began teaching dance to middle school students ten years ago. Campers will experiment with a diverse selection of movement styles accessible to beginner and advanced dancers. As a team, they will choreograph several pieces for the final performance.
- David Kelly – Theatre and Circus Arts: After teaching in summer camps and creating professional training programs for young actors, David has directed more than 30 youth theatre productions. Summer is a time to let lose and enjoy creative play.
- Kimm Stammen – Music: Kimm is a musician with many years of experience as an instructor and performer, in many different musical genres. She had a great time teaching at Explorer West recently, and is looking forward to working again with the creative energy of middle school students.
- Mystery Art Teacher – Art: Sarah can’t make it this year. We are close to finding an amazing replacement for her. While Sarah can never really be replaced, we are sure you will be happy with her sub for the camp.
WHY: Because it is fun! During camp, students will explore dance, acting, circus arts, music, and fine arts in the theme of improvisation. How does a painting inspire a work of dance? How does a song inspire a scene? Students will create their own world of art in a camp that is designed for any skill level. Students will work towards a one-of-a-kind student created final performance for families and friends.
HOW: Student spots are limited.
Please contact the school for an enrollment form and submit materials to Explorer West Middle School (10015 28th Ave. SW Seattle WA 98146) with a non-refundable deposit of $95 to hold your spot. ENROLLMENT ENDS: May 15, 2012.