Every year our Explorer West auction is a great community event where parents can come together at a fun social evening to celebrate our great school. Our 2018 Auction, Passport to the World, will be held at the Hall at Fauntleroy on Friday, March 23, 2018.
This year we are emphasizing the community-building aspect of the event, and as such are focusing the fundraising primarily on the live auction portion. We will also have several Explorer West “First Class Upgrades” in the silent auction – for instance you can purchase front row seats to drama performances, arts night, and graduation, as well as the highly sought-after “Latin Libertas Pass”. Look for your invitation in early February. If you are not a current Explorer West family but would like to join us, please email email@example.com to request information and an invitation.
Our auction is a success every year thanks to the wonderful volunteers from our community who bake desserts, collate invitations, decorate the hall, register guests, and more. Please sign up to help us make this year’s evening the best one yet! Volunteer sign up
We are asking for your help in procuring auction items in three ways:
- First, we are looking for a few more live auction items and a few specific items for raffle baskets. We would love to hear from you if you can provide something in these categories:
- Dinner prepared for a group of guests in your home or theirs
- A vacation home or condo that you could make available for a week or weekend. Specifically, we are looking for a condo to pair with our Disneyland tickets, but any place would be great.
- Tickets from frequent flyer programs
- Massage, facial, spa gift certificates
- Another great, unique, fun live auction item that would appeal to a broad range of guests – for example a guided ski day, flight-seeing tour, etc. Live auction items typically have a value of $400 or more)
- Second, we are looking for restaurant gift certificates. These will be offered in the live auction “Restaurant Frenzy” where they are often sold at twice their face value! One of the easiest ways to encourage your favorite restaurant to donate a gift certificate is to ask them when you are eating there. We have prepared a letterto give to restaurants, as well as a procurement form to leave with them. 2018 Restaurant Letter
- Third, we will once again ask families to donate a bottle of your favorite wine (or micro-brew, spirits or designer sodas.) These are great auction items – either on their own or grouped with other wine donations. You can drop your donation at the front office or bring it to Arts Night on January 24th.
When Are Auction Items Due?:
Procurement is underway and the deadline for submitting auction donation forms is February 9, 2018. You can download a procurement form to communicate to us a fabulous auction item you would like to donate here: 2018 Auction Procurement Form
Thank you for your support of the Explorer West 2018 Auction – we look forward to celebrating with you!
The 2018 Explorer West Auction Committee