- Explore a comprehensive curriculum of two- and three-dimensional art materials and techniques
- Become confident artists
- Go out and seek creative experiences in the community at art museums and galleries
- Learn how to identify and discuss works of art
- Be inspired to make art at home in their free time
- Keep visual journals of their experiences, travels, and feelings
One of the art program’s objectives is to create art-literacy: the ability to identify and discuss art. This includes the students’ own art as well as that created by others, past and present. Through positive reinforcement, students are encouraged to think and feel like creative beings who are capable of expressing themselves in the visual language of art. Art teaches student to seek solutions, rather than focus on problems.
Every student has his/her artwork displayed in the hallways. Student art is displayed publicly throughout the year. Parents also have an opportunity to view student art at two Arts Nights events.