Explorer West Middle School is a small learning community where young adolescents thrive. Explorer West combines academic rigor with a special emphasis on the character growth of each student by fostering confidence and discovery.
- Collaborative learning environment with small class sizes
- NWAIS (formerly PNAIS) accredited school that meets the highest standards for independent schools
- Faculty and staff committed to the school’s mission and values.
- Award-winning Sustainability program
- Outdoor education and leadership skill development
- 20 years of high school preparatory success
- Economically diverse student body through financial aid and endowment programs
“Explorer West is a safe, intellectual environment that rewards effort and expression during a time when kids are developing their own personalities and methods of communication.” – Explorer West Parent
These are a few ways that Explorer West redefines the middle school experience:
- Small learning community designed to help adolescents thrive – Fostering confidence and discovery in adolescence through core academics (Math, Science, English, Latin, History, Music, Art, Drama); extra-curricular athletics; peer/mentor-based advisory groups and outdoor education program.
- Academic achievement and preparation for future learning – Rigorous academics in an individualized and supportive environment so that students can attend and prosper at the high schools of their choice.
- Sustainability and community participation – Focus on civic responsibility and community involvement through the award-winning sustainability curriculum, environmental stewardship efforts, and hands-on community volunteerism.
Please download the Explorer West Overview Brochure for additional information.